Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have found my new home

So it's been a decision I have been pondering for about a year now. I have now decided to join my husband's church that he grew up in, Jefferson Avenue Church of Christ. I am so excited to finally have a church home to call home, it has been a long time. The biggest thing for me has been the decision to be baptist or church of Christ. I was raised in a baptist church most of my life, and when Jonathan and I got married he was church of Christ so we naturally began attending a church of Christ.
We previously attended Baxter Church of Christ but have not been there for along time now. We have been visiting occasionally at Jefferson Ave., and every time we have been I have really enjoyed the preacher and the people are so kind and loving. It seems like every Sunday that I am having an issue with something or wondering about something, the preacher has preached about that exact subject. Well last Sunday they announced that they were needing help with the toddler class for a teacher to rotate every 9 weeks and a full time assistant, and obviously I was extremely excited about this. I've been telling Jonathan for awhile now that I wanted to get back into teaching a class in church. So I called the church on Monday. They were excited about me wanting to teach but I was told that I had to be a member of the church to do so. So without hesitation I said yes I would like that very much so. I feel like this is God's plan, to tell me this is where he wants me...where he needs me, and I am so happy about becoming a member at Jefferson Ave. We met with the elders tonight after church and now we are all officially members. I am ready to serve my Lord and let him use me for what ever he needs, rather it's teaching or something else, I know that he has a plan for me. I am also excited to have a steady place to raise my children up in.
This morning a young man got baptized and I think it was the "moment' that opened Erik's eyes about becoming a Christian. He asked me a lot of questions, and I had explained to him that Jesus died for all of our sins, and Erik told me that he loved everyone and that he would die for everyone too...That's amazing for a 10 year old to say. So I pray that I will be able to guide him and lead him the right way, and that he will be a man of God. He's already off to a good start, and I am very proud of him.

2 comments:

  1. That is great that you have found a home church, I have always went to Penecostal or Church of God all my life. My husband hasn't went since his brother died :( its been so hard to get him back in. I love church, and leah really enjoys it. She really loves to sing. She loves anything with music really. I hate not going on as a family tho. I'm hoping he will agree to go with us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just continue to keep going...praying...and encouraging your husband. My husband hasn't been going till recently...I kept my Faith in God that he would soon follow...and he did...8yrs later. I will pray for him, and you. That's great about Leah loving church and singing...you should get her into children's choir as soon as you can...and letting her sing in church. That maybe how God plans on using her to spread his word.

    ReplyDelete