Well, so the other day I was half-way watching on TV about the top 20 world's richest women...and the number one was a young lady who's family is a part of the steel industry...worth 285 Billion dollars...her family is worth $285 BILLION!!! By no means am I envious or jealous, but the thought that crossed my mind was...."Man there are people in 3rd world countries starving to death...people in our country that are losing their jobs and can't even afford to take care of their families...and just this one person was worth $285 billion dollars..not million...billion. Let alone the people of Haiti and
Chilli who have been completely
devastated...and these people spend money and never have to even want for anything. They are not alone in having a lot of money...and to me you would think that these people would be willing to share...I mean I know that they probably have earned their money (or probably not)...but look at Paris Hilton. She just
gets her money because of her family. I am just thinking if the one person that had the $285 billion shared just $1billion of their money...still leaving them with $284 billion...man think about how many lives that would save!!! It's just a thought...and it makes me sad that their are people out there who are willing to give their last cent to help others...but the more money that some people have the more greedier they are. Yeah sure it would be awesome to win the lottery, to have the money to live comfortably...to be able to give my kids everything they could ever want...pay for their college degree's..buy them a house...a car....buy my parents and in-laws a new house or pay all their debt...never have to be in debt again...but would that be a good life??? I personally like working for what I have...which is not much...but it's mine. I'm proud of what I have, and yes in a little kind of way it is sorta fun to sit down with my hubby and budget our money out and pay our bills...even if we have $1 left to our name...it's ours and we have a life together, not lavish, but comfortable at times, but it's a roller coaster ride and if we had it made, would it be fun??? I don't know it just bothers me that man has become so wrapped up in money and has lost what is in God's plan. One verse from the Bible that sticks out in my mind
Matthew 19:24
"And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Wow! So would all the money in the world be worth your eternity with God in Heaven? I think I am much more content without the lavish life of money and worldly possession's. I know that one day my rewards will be greater in Heaven...and it will be then that I will be rich.
And in Proverbs 11:24
There is one who scatters, yet increases more: And there is one who withholds more than is right, But it leads to poverty."
25 The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.
26 The people will curse him who withholds grain, But blessings will be on the head of him who sells it.
No comments:
Post a Comment